Ismael Cabrera Garcia, MD is a Board Certified Bariatric Surgeon that practices in Tijuana, Mexico. He started as a certified surgeon to perform bariatric surgeries in 2009. Dr. Cabrera received his prestigious board certification in metabolic and bariatric surgery in 2017 from Cirugía para la Obesidad, CMCOEM.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera is an accomplished bariatric surgeon and has had training in U.S. and Mexico. Dr. Cabrera started working exclusively wit Mexico Bariatric Center (MBC) in 2012 and has performed over 4,000 surgeries, including his colleague world-renown Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela in 2016. His latest complication rate is less than 0.5% (US complication rate is 2.5 to 4.5%).
During his training and education, Dr. Cabrera has learned every weight loss procedure that can be performed including: Gastric Banding, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) or Gastric Sleeve, Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB), One Anastomosis Gastric Mini Bypass (OAGB), and Revision Surgery.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera’s experience includes training with top bariatric surgeon Dr. Juan Corvala – one of the premier teachers of laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Cabrera has also undergone a 1 year certificate program at the Fresno, California (USA) Surgical Hospital.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera is continuously broadening his knowledge by attending the metabolic and obesity National and International seminars. He just attended the 22nd World Congress of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases held 29 August – 2 September 2017 in England, UK. read more
Dr. Ismael Cabrera has been travelling to different cities in U.S. and provinces in Canada to educate public about obesity and its devastating consequences since 2014. Dr. Cabrera, alongside Mexico Bariatric Center, has held seminars to inform patients how to fight obesity via bariatric medical tourism in Tijuana, Mexico. Here are the list of few.
Education of Dr. Ismael Cabrera
Dr. Ismael Cabrera’s extensive education is listed below:
- 1986-1992: Elementary School Puebla Mexico Institute of BC
- 1992-1995: June High School Puebla Mexico Institute of BC
- 1995-1998: High School Puebla Mexico Institute of BC
- 1988-2000: University UPAEP
- 2002-2003: Internship MIG specialty hospital, Mexico City
- 2003-2004: Social Service San Jose Ixtapa, Municipality of Caada Morelos Puebla, Puebla
- Surgery degree – CMN IMSS Hospital Northeast UMAE 25. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- 2009-2010: Advances Laparoscopy Hospital Angeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana
- Dr. Ismael Cabrera and Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela, Performs 2,000 Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeries – PR Log
- Mexico Bariatric Center Acquires Two Top-Rated Bariatric Surgeons to Add to Their Staff – PR.com
- Dr. Ismael Cabrera attends the 20th World Congress IFSO in Vienna Austria
Reviews of Dr. Ismael Cabrera, MD
“There are many choices for gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico and the decision can be overwhelming. Many other locations are simply offices in a strip mall and you just don’t know how many surgeries the doctor has done.
I decided on Dr. Cabrera and Doctors Hospital. They were professional from the beginning, answered all my questions the same day and exceeded my expectations.”
– Dan from New Mexico – He lost over 50 pounds in the first month after surgery. Results may vary, please view our disclaimer page.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera Certifications