Dr. Ismael Cabrera, MD, travels to Vienna, Austria to attend the latest IFSO. As part of Dr. Cabrera’s usual continuing education, Dr. Ismael Cabrera took time off to continue his education about the latest in weight loss surgery.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera has been a contributing member of the IFSO since 2010, as well as members to other obesity organizations including the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders, and the World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery.
About the IFSO
The IFSO, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, is a worldwide organization composed of bariatric surgeons. The goal of the IFSO is the scientific alliance between bariatric surgeons, health professionals, nurse practitioners, dietitians, nutritionists, psychologists, internists, and anesthesiologists, involved in the treatment of obesity mainly through bariatric surgery.
This Year’s Topics Include:
- Anesthesia and Perioperative Setting
- Endoscopic and Percutaneous Interventional Procedures
- Gastric Bypass Procedures
- Gastric Plication
- Gastric Stimulation and Nerval Blockade
- Low BMI Strategies
- Radiological Interventions and Digital Diagnostic
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Epidemiology of Obesity, Diabesity and Adiposity and Impact on Surgical Treatment
- Management of Complications and Difficult Scenarios in Bariatric/Metabolic Surgery
- Anesthesia of Bariatric/Metabolic Patient in Perioperative Setting
- Radiology and Digital Diagnostic – Percutaneous Interventions
- Preoperative and Postoperative Nutritional Status
- Psychological Issues, Assessment and Surgical Management of Morbid Obese Patients
- Advanced Nursing and Follow-up of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Patient.
- Ethics and Malpractice in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Impact of Social Media and Public View of Bariatric Metabolic
- Surgery Surgical Training Modalities – Mental Training in Bariatric/Metabolic Surgery
- Live Surgery and Video Sessions
- Hands-on Training
- Diagnostic and Interventional Endoscopy (Stenting – Suturing – Draining) – the Gastroenterologist in the Obesity/Metabolic Management Team