Dr. Ismael Cabrera Board-Certified Bariatric Surgeon: Trusted Weight Loss Surgery
EL DORADO HILLS, CA – 12/05/2017 — Dr. Cabrera is a board-certified bariatric surgeon at Mexico Bariatric Center. He is also one of the five Bariatric & Metabolic Board Certified Surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera is a qualified, board-certified bariatric surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. He provides weight loss surgery procedures to patients all over the world including the United States, Europe, Canada, etc. Dr. Cabrera is experienced in performing gastric sleeve, gastric bypass/mini-bypass, single-incision surgeries, and revisional surgeries.
“The Metabolic and Bariatric Certification is absolutely instrumental in the optimal care of the bariatric surgery patient,” Ron Elli, Ph.D., CEO of Mexico Bariatric Center. Board certification is targetted at one primary goal: to enhance bariatric patients’ lives, specifically health and well-being. The best care for obesity treatment can be expected and provided by trusted, board-certified bariatric surgeon like Dr. Cabrera.
Why it’s Important to Have a Board-Certified Bariatric Surgeon
- Low readmission rate: the rate of discharged patients that are readmitted within a specific time range.
- Increasing success rate with weight loss surgery and decreasing complication rate.
- Better failure to rescue rate: measures complications resulting in death.
Benefits of Board Certification in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
There are several benefits for board-certified bariatric surgeons.
- It supports the ability of board-certified bariatric surgeons to evaluate patients needing obesity treatment eligible for bariatric surgery.
- Supports and encourages the specific types of bariatric surgical procedures offered by the board-certified surgeon.
- Lowers risk of surgery and complication rate.
- Increase the patient’s postoperative outcomes.
- Provides ‘peace-of-mind’ and security for patients knowing they have a board-certified bariatric surgeon.
- Offers patients seeking obesity treatment a tool to ensure proper treatment. Multidisciplinary actions so board-certified bariatric surgeons will have repercussions if they break rules, health standards, or patient obligations.
- Surgeons commit to staying surgically updated with procedures, equipment, and regulations.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia has accomplished his specialty board certification in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery going through strict requirements. The credentials were examined and verified to the optimum level. The standards of excellence in this field of bariatric surgery are distinguished by the Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons (CMCOEM).
The Mexican Board of General Surgery Regulates All Certification
All board certification for bariatric surgeons must be in agreement with the Mexican Board of General Surgery (CMCG).
Board Certification Requirements (2017-2019):
In order to be eligible for board certification, bariatric surgeons must reach or exceed the following requirements:
- Title and license of education, specifically a Medical Degree.
- Title and license of each individual General Surgery Specialty the surgeon holds.
- Current Certification of the Mexican Board of General Surgery.
- Certified training in Minimally Invasive Surgery, ex. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Certified training in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Certification of Professional Practice, from the General Health Board and endorsed by either public or private hospital.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in Bariatric Surgery with at least 25 surgical cases each year. Must have at least 60% of surgical cases being “stapling procedures,” which consist of Gastric Sleeve surgery or Gastric Bypass surgery. Must have 60% or more of these procedures done in a hospital that is certified by the General Health Board.
- Must be actively involved within the CMCOEM or have applied and accepted by the credentials committee and admission board.
Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (CMCOEM)
Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (CMCOEM) outlined that Dr. Ismael Cabrera will continue to offer the highest standards of surgical care.
High-Quality Bariatric Surgery Results
Dr. Cabrera has extensive experience in bariatric surgery and obesity treatment procedures since 2009. Dr. Cabrera has performed over 4,000 bariatric surgeries including:
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (Gastric Sleeve),
- Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass,
- Gastric Mini-Bypass, and
- complex Revisional Surgeries to rescue failed and unsuccessful weight-loss surgeries.
Dr. Cabrera has a prominently high success rate one of the lowest complication rates in bariatric surgery at 0.1%.
He has performed and provided outstanding patient outcomes. His level of expertise is very prominent in the bariatric community. He performed gastric sleeve surgery on one of the best Lead Surgeons in Tijuana, Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. Dr. Cabrera performs at most 3 weight-loss surgeries per day. This ensures top quality surgical results and safety standards for his patients.
Life-Changing Weight Loss Success Story Performed by Dr. Cabrera
Dr. Cabrara, now a board-certified bariatric surgeon, performed weight loss surgery on Kevin Ayala in 2015. Cabrera began the unbelievable dynamic transformation of Kevin Ayala with gastric sleeve surgery. Kevin transformed from obesity into a bodybuilder through an incredible story of personal struggle turned to life-changing success. A former gastric sleeve patient of Dr. Ismael Cabrera, Kevin Ayala managed to restore his appearance through a healthy diet, fitness, and determination. At the age of 24, Kevin went into surgery weighing 300.7 pounds at a BMI of 45.7, putting him in the “extremely obese” weight range. By the age of 26, less than 2 years later, he dropped his weight down to 162 pounds with a BMI of 23.2. Kevin achieved such a remarkable and amazing life-change in his physique. He was able to step onto the stage at a bodybuilding competition and show his results with pride.
Testimonial of Dr. Cabrera by Kevin Ayala
Kevin stated, “Dr. Cabrera and his staff were very informative throughout the entire process. They carried themselves with optimum professionalism. If I had to get the surgery again, I would definitely choose Dr. Cabrera.” You can view more about Kevin Ayala on the Mexico Bariatric Center blog.
Dr. Cabrera is an outclass surgeon with outstanding certification and credentials. His talent is beneficial to thousands of overweighted obese people who suffer from different diseases and his help gives them a new life.
- Guide to Bariatric Board Certification Creditationals for Bariatric Surgeons and Hospitals
- See the CMCOEM Certification Requirements here.
- View the full story of the unbelievable transformation of Kevin Ayala.
- More about Dr. Ismael Cabrera, Board-Certified Bariatric Surgeon
- Press Release Dr. Ismael Cabrera Received a Prestigious Board Certification in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
Call us: 1-855-768-7247